AQUAPROX signed an exclusive marketing license for France for the Biotechnology with AMOÉBA, innovative company in the development of biological processes to treat legionella in cooling towers.
This innovative technology, trademarked, 100% bio, will open up a new treatment without chlorine nor organic biocide to cope with Legionella issues in cooling towers.
- In substitution of oxidizing and non-oxidizing biocides.
- Reducing consumption of chemical products (anticorrosion, antiscale)
- Extend equipment lifetime by limiting corrosion effect.
- Compliance with effluent regulations/laws.
Disruptive ecotechnology, adaptation to the economic environment are all assets for a sustainable industry.
For 4 years now, AQUAPROX is testing BIOMEBA , a 100 % biological biocide.
Successful validation tests in installations have proven its relevance and efficacy, as attested by 15 industrial plants in France.
- Multiplicity of tests, (all types of water: raw water, softened water, RO water)
- Diversity of industrial conditions (all industries: heavy and process industries)
- 4 years of cumulative tests have been carried out on different volume circuits, (from 5 to 700 m3). They have always shown superior effectiveness of BIOMEBA biological biocide in cooling towerts circuits.
By testing the biocide, manufacturers confirmed significant operational savings while preserving the environment.
The quality of the heat exchange in a cooling system is a crucial factor. Biological fouling, scaling and corrosion adversely affect the performance of cooling processes. For cooling systems, AQUAPROX develops adapted solutions based on a combination of preventive treatments: dispersing and biocide agents, and scale inhibiting and anti-corrosion agents To optimise water consumption and reduce production costs, AQUAPROX offers three ways of combating bacteria, corrosion and scale. AQUAPROX uses biocide treatments (bactericides, algicides, fungicides) which are intended to limit bacterial proliferation in water and keep systems in a good state of hygiene.
These treatments have the following objectives:
- Preventing scale formation
- Preventing the build-up of deposits
- Preventing corrosion
- Facilitating surface passivation
- Preventing bacterial proliferation
- Optimising blow-downs
- Complying with the regulations in force (Section 2921 concerning legionella).
Open tower PID
Closed tower PID
AQUAPROX PRODUCT RANGE
|AQUAPROX RANGE||APPLICATION||FOR WHAT NEEDS ?||FOR WHAT SECTORS ?|
|AQUAPROX® FC||Anti-corrosion treatment for closed systems.||Scale formation and deposits • Salts solubility • Scale formation • Calcium carbonate balance
Fouling • Fouling • The influence of air
Forms of corrosion • Oxygen corrosion • Biological corrosion • Galvanic corrosion
Biological development • Biofilm • Legionella • Operator obligations
|Industry Health Institutional and Residential Agrofood Chemicals Petrochemicals|
|AQUAPROX® TC||Anti-corrosion treatment for semi-open systems|
|AQUAPROX® TD||Scale-inhibiting treatment for semi-open systems|
|AQUAPROX® TCD||Anti-corrosion and scale-inhibiting treatment for semi-open circuits|
|AQUAPROX® TM||Treatment of microbiological developments|
|AQUAPROX® MDA||Optimisation of biocide treatments.|
AQUAPROX has developed a technology based on fluorescence to control and manage injecting specific chemicals in a cooling tower. This technology ensures the correct dosing of the treatment product at all times. Your air-cooled tower will therefore be entirely under control, regardless of unwarranted blow-downs and top-ups. You make savings in terms of chemicals; consequently you reduce your environmental footprint and avoid overdosing periods (which entail an additional cost), as well as underdosing periods (which constitute an industrial risk). Fluogest also enables you to maintain traceability for your cooling system and thereby respond better to regulatory requirements.
Water treatment which allows the formation of algae to be prevented by ultrasound emissions; AQUAPROX Sono-Algues® is an ultrasound treatment device for open water bodies such as ponds, reservoirs or lagoons.
Control of the legionella risk and of corrosion in the cooling system. Industry concerned Agrofood/Dairy products processing – ice creams Our customer was looking for a service and responsiveness rather than a supply of treatment products. Subject to DREAL (Regional Directorate for the Environment, Planning and Housing) monitoring for legionella, the customer wanted integral securing of the cooling units.
- Positive legionella tests
- An excessively slow crisis management response
- Risk of plant shutdown
Technical solution implemented
- Legionella guarantees (<500 CFU/l) with analytical exchanges between the customer and Aquaprox
- Monitoring the system via ATP measurement of the site
- Proposal of a biological alternative
We therefore suggested to our customer immediately taking over all of the management of the cooling systems treatments..
Customer requirements with regard to the conditioning treatments
- Ban on using an oxidising biocide (major corrosion previously).
- Use of harsh permeated water requiring setting up a high-performance anticorrosion treatment.
- At least 2 qualified technicians for carrying out on-site interventions.
- Management of the legionella analyses
Evaporative condenser tower
- Volume of 1 to 2 m3 -> retention time of only a few hours -> continuous treatment with a biocide
- Permeated water supply -> 7 to 10-fold consumption reduction in the system
AQUAPROX TCD 2460
- Anti-corrosion, dispersing agent
- High-performance treatment free of heavy metals
- Expected corrosion results: 25-50μm/year
AQUAPROX TM 6000DC
- A longer-lasting continuous synthetic bactericide
- Inhibits the protein synthesis of legionella
AQUAPROX TM 7801
- Synthetic shock bactericide
- Return to a controlled situation
- Reliable treatments adapted to local requirements
- Up-to-date regulations
- Return to an optimum heat exchange capacity