Steel-making processes consume large amounts of water because production both releases and demands lots of heat. In fact, the production of a metal or a by-product is very sensitive to corrosion.
The financial stakes involved in corrosion are therefore much greater than those of the water treatment cost.
Thanks to its know-how in the management of water and treatment processes, Aquaprox supplies its customers in the metallurgical industry with solutions that are both economically and environmentally sustainable.
Our products and services are designed to support our customers in improving the quality and the efficiency of their production, whilst at the same time reducing their overall operating cost and their environmental footprint.
We adapt our solutions to particularly tricky and demanding operating conditions:
- Boiler water treatment and automation
- Chemicals feed systems
- Cooling water treatment and automation
- Filtration systems
- Membrane-based techniques
- Treatment additives
- Wastewater treatment
AQUAPROX contributes to boosting the steel industry’s business by assisting its customers in the following fields:
- Reducing the total cost of ownership
- Increasing the processes’ efficiency and yields
- Creating a safe, healthy working environment
- Protecting the environment
- Improving and securing the reliability of processes
- Extending the service life of resources
A few references
Subsidiary of a major steel group in Algeria Water treatment of the cooling systems of the site’s steel works and rolling mills.
After a comprehensive audit of the site, proposal of a different approach for the water treatment of the production units following assessment of the very high water consumption.
Mission assigned to AQUAPROX
- Identification of avenues for progress
- Reducing the level of corrosion
- Suitable treatments
- Guaranteed reduction in water consumption
Benefits after 6 months
- Reduction of the treatment costs
- Reduction of the corrosion rate: < 100 μ today > 500 μ yesterday
- Reduction of the water consumption: -30%